Last updated on 29th September 2016.
Firstly, we would like to express how seriously we take your privacy. We understand that sometimes the information on your purchase receipts may be sensitive. While using Znap (the “Company”) we want to make you extremely comfortable on what information is gathered and how they are used.
What types of personal data does Znap collect?
- Information from Receipts: When you use Znap to upload receipts, we collect information from the receipt. This helps us understand your needs and lets us provide you the best offer suited for you.
Cookies and related tracking technologies.
- Znap website by default gathers information using cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analytical tools to track usage and remember you on our server. The user is aware that a ‘Cookie’ is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can later be traced back from that particular browser, and that cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user, including but not limited to a user’s login identification, password and others if the users wish to save. The user is aware that the website places both permanent and temporary cookies in the user’s web browser, and does hereby expressly consent to the same. The user is further aware that the website uses data collection devices such as cookies on certain pages of the website to help analyse web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety, and that certain features of the website are only available through the use of such cookies. While the user is free to decline the website’s cookies if the user’s browser permits, the user may consequently be unable to use certain features on the website.
Additionally, the User is aware that he/she might encounter ‘cookies’ or other similar devices on certain pages of the website that are placed by third parties or affiliates of the website. The user expressly agrees and acknowledges that Znap or the website does not control the use of such cookies/other devices by third parties, that the Znap is in no way responsible for the same, and that the user assumes any and all risks in this regard.
- Every time you access our services, cookies may collect log file information, which may include but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, landing pages, pages viewed, date and time of access, domain, browser type and other system settings.
We may also collect information of what websites you visited before and after using our services. Additionally, we may use web beacons (clear gifs) on our website and emails allowing us to trail if the user has checked the emails and what links or URL were clicked by the user. We may also use third party analytical tools to collect information helping us to understand user movements for the services, this information are sent to us through your browser and mobile device allowing us to give a better and improved user experience.
- At any point of time you may change to privacy and security settings on your browser to handle the cookies. Kindly, refer to the instruction of the browser you use. Note, blocking cookies may not give you the best experience of our services. Likewise, you may also adjust your settings on your mobile device (refer instruction of the browser and mobile device manufacturer) regarding location and cookies to your needs.
How Znap uses my personal information?
- Personal information will be used to avoid frauds, errors and to improve your experience on our services. We may also use personal information to help our systems to recognize our customers. The provided email address will be used for us to contact you regarding communications, offers, information and updates regarding your Znap account. Should you decide to opt out of any communications or services, please refer to our “Your choices on your information”.
How is data used from my receipt?
- Data from your receipts helps us understand your needs and we try to bring to you unique offers and messages from brands directly and partners to you. We may share some or all data from your receipts with out clients, but we do not share any of your personal information (name, email, mailing address, Papal or bank details) with our clients unless legally required to do so.
- The user is aware that Znap may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- By using our services through our website or mobile application, the user consents to the collection and use of the information disclosed by the user through Znap services in accordance with this Policy, including but not limited to the user’s consent to Znap sharing/divulging the user’s information, as per the listed terms stated in the Policy. Should you decide to withdraw your consent, Znap may not be able to provide you all the features on our services. You do not have to give any information or use any of our services if you do not wish to do so.
- You can unsubscribe from our promotional email by clicking “unsubscribe” on the email communication. Znap will still communicate to you on the email address given by you for all other non-promotional mails regarding your account and updates of Znap services, or any legal notice. If you wish to close your account with Znap, please do drop a mail to us at email@example.com with a request to close your account. Note: we may preserve your information in an anonymous form indefinitely post your deactivation.